Monday, November 7, 2016

Nov 7th 2016

Hi All!


Halloween wasnt too exciting, but it was nice basically having an all day P-Day. We went up to the Porters farm and just hung out with them for a little bit. Sister Porter is a life saver driving us all these places since we still didnt have a car.... grrr.


Tuesday was a fiasco. I wont even go into it. But we were supposed to go do deliveries in French Lick for the Mercy Center. Thank goodness for Michaele Porter again.. She picked us up and drove us all around French Lick for deliveries. Because we STILL didnt have our car. They told us it would be done by Monday, but we never got a call. Anyway we started our dear drunk Ray on the 15 step program (Stop drinking/smoking program). He gave us his last pack of cigarettes and as we were walking through his house to the door, I swiped the beer that was on the table when he wasnt watching. I bet we looked funny as missionaries walking out of an apartment complex carrying beer and cigarettes. But anyway cool story of the day was I was still super frustrated and just straight up angry trying to get ready for bed. We had gotten home late and I still had to change my pod and stuff. So I was just not in a great mood. But as I was washing my face I said a quick little desperate prayer for Heavenly Father to help me. And as I did the thought came to me that I needed to sing. Well I told him I was just too frustrated to sing at the moment. But I started to think of the words to Nearer my God to Thee in my head. I was half way through the first verse in the middle of a sentence when all of a sudden sister Andrus starts singing EXACTLY where I was in my head. It was a little humbling and a tender Mercy. I felt so much gratitude that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ cared enough about me, and were aware of me to give me that. Heavenly Father is so aware of his children.


Wednesday we FINALLY got our car back. I was so happy I just wanted to hug the car. It was a really productive day. I cleaned the whole back room of the apartment and cleaned my desk. Had a skype call with the Elders to role play. I jumped super bad when Teewee yelled at me. Wasnt used to hearing it after a week of not driving. (No I wasnt speeding, Teewee thinks its to wrong speed limit on the highway). We taught Dylun that night. Someone got mad at us and thought we were practicing witchcraft because we had the little cut outs of the plan of salvation... That was interesting. Dylun also kept calling me sassy as we taught the Word of Wisdom. I wasnt even being sassy.


Thursday was a pretty great day. We had interviews with President and Sister Brough. He gave a pretty cool training. He asked me and Sister A to role play with him. First we had to be open and interested as he approached us, and the second time we had to be rude. Apparently I did the rude one pretty well. Probably because we get a lot of it here in Paoli. But while interviews were going on, the senior couple (Caldwells) pulled out some snacks. There were these cool juice boxes that are only 9 carbs! When they saw that I was excited about them they left me most of the box to take home. President Brough said I was a great missionary and he felt that he needed to tell me the Lord was pleased with me. And that I am becoming the missionary my mom thinks I am. Then he shared D&C 100:1 with me and totally made me cry. he said that dad had to buy like 9 new shirts already because he's so proud of me his chest gets so big it rips his shirts, and that mom can basically talk to everyone for hours about me since she almost memorizes all my letters. Both he an sister Brough asked about my diabetes. Sister Brough wouldn't even let me eat the fruit snacks she brought because she thought I couldnt or shouldnt. She had me pick an attribute of Christ to study.


But coolest story about the day. We took a member Chris with us to Justins lesson. And It was sooo awesome!! First Becca, Justins wife came and set down for the whole lesson!! This is the first time she has ever did that. We tried to involve Kaden their little 3 year old by having him place all the pictures for the plan of salvation down and then we practiced the ABCs on my Ipad. Chris and Justin hit it off really well. Chris was able to explain things really simply and just in the way Justin needed. Becca even came in with really smart answers telling Justin what he needed to do to get answers haha. It was awesome. He even promised to come to church. We told him wed bring him pumpkin cookies if he went 2 weeks in a row. (Hes a typical white girl, loves pumpkin spice everything) And Chris said he would go riding with him. We finally got to see things starting to click with Justin.


Friday we had zone meeting and exchanges. It was the first time I was in the area by myself. I was basically in charge of everything we did. It was kind of awkward. Sister Nicholas was sick, and basically all of our appointments fell through. I was just trying to act like I knew what I was doing and try a bunch of people. But at night we went to see Justin again. Becca sat with us again! And for some reason Justin really opened up. He told me he is understanding more as he reads and that he is getting feelings of peace as he reads and prays about this church. He thinks that can be his answer, but he is really afraid. He is afraid to give up everything he has known and done. He has studied religion for years and years and is content to sit on the sidelines. But hes figuring this stuff out and its scaring him. Becca came right out and told him that those feelings of peace were answers and from God. I almost died. She used to avoid the lessons alot and all of a sudden shes telling him that hes getting answers from God that this is right!! She even committed to reading the Book of Mormon with him!! I have no idea what happened that made these changes. But I am so excited.


Saturday was pretty uneventful. We had to TWE in the Walmart parking lot again... Hate that place. By the time Im off my mission I will never want to see another Walmart again.


Sunday was crazy awesome. It was Becca and Justin came to church!! We got an extra hour of sleep too. Hallelujah. But Justin got up and bore his testimony!!! Well half sermon half testimony. He was up there for like 15 minutes. He kind of went off about how people should be kind and not judge, and how we couldn't turn a blind eye to the things of the world. But he said he loves how we are all really nice, and that we didnt kick him out. He kept saying things like "Im not a Mormon yet" Or "I haven't committed to your church yet" and said he likes what hes hearing. He even said that he knew Christ really lives!! I was grinning so big. I was so excited. YAAASSSS!! We got to go to a Ward potluck, and I set a date for the Christmas fireside that I wanted to put together. Hopefully it works out. We taught Shaun and her husband Ryan. They had been taught by missionaries before. They told us they knew this church was true, that the BoM was true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. So we set a Baptismal Date. That means we have 9 baptismal dates as of this week!!! Then I chased down their neighbor and helped her carry a big barrel of trash to the road. Got her contact information and set up a time to come teach her. Yeah buddy.


Sister A was a little crazy at dinner. She was at that state of mind where you are so tired you are a little crazy. She started playing with some figurines and talking in weird voices, even singing, and just cracking herself up. I got some of the audio on video. I was laughing so hard. It was the weirdest but most hilarious thing. I think something broke my companion. Cant wait for the day I make her try caffeine :)


Today since we were bored out of our minds we decided that we were just going to bake a bunch of food and watch a church approved movie on our tiny CD player. Should be awesome.


Thanks for all the emails! Missionary work is awesome. Super hard, but totally awesome. I love it. I love seeing God work miracles. I love being able to be a part of these miracles. Makes the days you want to give up worth it. Im so grateful for this gospel, and the joy and peace it brings into peoples lives. I know that this is Truly Christs church, and that he stands at the head.

Have a wonderful week! Love you all!

Sister A cracks me up..  Here is the texts I got with the picts.






Halloween. Sister Andrus bought her a fat sausage elephant to remind

her of all the overweight animals haha.





















Zone meeting and district selfie













Random memes






































Sister Andrus tiredness hits an all time high.


No comments: