Monday, October 17, 2016
Oct 17th 2016
Hi All!!
This week has been an insane and hard week, but has had some really good parts too. Lots of our investigators dropped us, or didnt show up to their lessons. So that has been a dissapointing and frustrating week. But I know the Lord will put people in our paths who are ready. Other than that its just been full of trying to find and teach people. We had a few really good lessons. Hope to be able to get some of them baptized. George is doing really well. He is just worried about his families reaction to him getting baptized. Justin is progressing but he is just really slow. He struggles with his past a lot. But we are seeing improvement.
We had a new missionary training where we were able to ask questions and just get some training. It was pretty fun. We rode with the assistants and has lots of fun singing and telling stories.
Had an 11 year old scream at us and tell us she was going to hit us with a pipe, and how much her family hated us. It was kind of funny and kind of disturbing all at once.
Coolest part of the week was Saturday. We woke us super early to drive to a conference for the whole mission. Elder Gary E Stevenson from the Quorum of the Twelve came with Juan A Uceda to speak with us. They shook my hand! It was super cool to be able to sit at the feet of an apostle of the Lord. He had some really great insights on missionary work that I am excited to apply.
Today we got to go on a cave tour for P-day. That was super fun. Definitely want to do it again.
Missionary work is hard. That is very true. You can completely crash at night and still be exhausted in the morning. But it is very cool to be able to see the Lord working through us. He is truly a God of miracles. I am grateful for the lessons he is teaching me, even if they are hard lessons. I know this church is true. I know that Christ stands at the head of it. I know that it blesses families and brings more joy and peace than anything else on this earth. This is his work. It is hastening. And I am excited to be a part of it. Thank you for all the emails and letters of encouragement. I need them. I truly feel your prayers. They sustain me.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment