Hello All!
Well it's been another crazy week here in Indiana. Been sick pretty
much all week so that's been fun, but still a pretty good week for the
most part.
Last Monday for Pday we went to a members farm and they took us
hiking. I caught a chicken in a fishing net. It was super fun. They
have this cute little kitten too. It likes to climb on your shoulder.
Hiking was a lot of fun too. I was kind of excited to wear pants
again.
Tuesday was the Mercy Center again. Love being able to go and give
service. Spent most of the day up in French Lick. Brother Guthrie put
my new pedal on, so I actually had a functioning bike. Also got hit on
by a guy we talked to. He texted us saying he just got out of a 4 year
relationship and asked if either of us would be interested in a
relationship.... really weird but totally hilarious. We found a new
part member/less active family to teach so we were pumped about that!
We went to see the Heltons. They are a hilarious family. Sister Helton
called Jeremy "nuttier than elephant turd".... get it? Because they
eat peanuts?.... yeah she also told me she wanted a house that's down
the way. She said that she could have the house and the owner could
have a feather up his butt so they both would be tickled..... hahaha
never a dull moment.
Wednesday we got to teach our miracle fry Wendy's guy. We had gone to
Wendy's to use wifi to look up some of our investigators on Facebook.
This guy George came up to us saying he likes to ask missionaries
where they're from and how long they've been out. We have never seen
him before! He apparently took lessons 2 years ago when this was an
elders area. So we go teach him... he pulls out his own quad. Shows us
scriptures he likes from his own personal study. Says he researches a
lot on LDS.org and he even looked up talks from conference. He follows
Thomas S Monson on Facebook, and went on and on about how awesome
Elder Holland is!! He totally knows the church is true! Can't wait to
get him dunked!
We also went to a dinner the Young Women made for the missionaries.
Brother Wishart was so happy I had seen better off dead. He laughed
when I could quote half the movie.... left the MTC exactly a month
ago... that was interesting
Thursday was zone meeting we went all the way to New Albany.
Thankfully the Porters drove us. It was really fun. Found myself a
coat. It is ridiculous how much they ask you to pay for coats that are
good for nothing but looking good. So I actually bought a farm coat.
It's pretty thick and the Porters say it's really good for winter. But
we also found 2 new investigators! We had a bed bug scare. I saw one
run across my bag in a lesson so when we got home we threw our clothes
in the washer and then dumped everything out of my bag outside and
searched through every crack. I think we are safe....
Friday is our weekly planning day. It was a really productive day.
Even though I thought I was going to cough out a lung... we tried a
few people, and then went to the Porters to teach them a family home
evening lesson. It went really well. Then we went to go see an
investigator named Glenda. Our last lesson with her had not gone very
well. She seemed really out of it, wouldn't answer most of our
questions etc. this time however she was really excited for a lesson,
said the church was true and wanted to be baptized. She is a little
bipolar, so the complete change in her makes me a little hesitant. But
we will see. She is also terrified of water since her aunt tried to
drown her as a kid.... so that is another problem. We went to see the
heltons again. We talked about the stripling warriors and faith.
Accidentally cried telling them a story, so kind of embarrassing but
oh well.
Saturday was kind of crazy. Ok it was really crazy. I slept horribly
because I was coughing so bad I couldn't breathe. I thought I was
dying... then I ended up spilling a big bowl of cereal full of milk
all over myself, the floor, and the table. Frantically trying to get
everything clean so I can go to personal study. It was also freezing!
Friday was 85 and not. Saturday wa sin the 60s with wind and cold. We
went and read with Glenda since she can't see very well. We walked
about 6 hours, because we are low on miles. They cut everyone short
this month. TWED a few people who said we could come back. And some
lady gave us some referrals. Everyone else we tried fell through
though, but we had pancakes for dinner! Then we taught Justin and
brought Bro Wishart with us. It was great because they've gone through
similar things and was able to talk to him in a way we couldn't. Since
we walked we were headed home and then got a text we were in charge of
zone prayer.... so we started running. Got home in time to write down
all the names people send us to pray for. I chose the thought and did
the prayer because sister A was afraid. Crazy crazy day.
Sunday was a little rough. There were only 9 people at church
including us. None of our investigators came, and there were only 2
priesthood holders. It worked out though. It reminded me of the
scripture "where two or three are gathered in my name there will I be
also" or something like that. The spirit was there even if the people
weren't. We found out that people have been going around spreading
lots of anti-Mormon stuff around. It has gotten to some of our
investigators and recent converts. They're having lots of doubts, some
went back to old habits, and some won't go to church... very
frustrating. Satan is throwing a lot at us missionaries. But I know
that nothing will stop this work. It may be slow and an uphill battle.
But this is the Lords work. He is hastening it. And there will always
be someone prepared to listen. Really glad we ended the day teaching
Justin. Much needed pick me up. We finally got him to recognize the
spirit more. I think this will help him. Sister A was going on a fly
killing rampage. She had both fly swatters, and she's doing all these
poses. She said " do you know who the master of this house is!?!?!?"
Pauses a bit then "Jesus Christ!!!!" In the most hilarious voice. She
is a total weirdo but I love it, makes things interesting.
Today was a really relaxed P day. Didn't have much planned. So we
walked around the town square and took a nap. Much needed nap.
All in all been a pretty good week. It's been a little rough, but God
magnified our efforts. He is a God of miracles. I know that this is
his work. That this gospel is true! If anything the opposition just
confirms it. I'm excited for another busy busy week.
Also!! If any of you have friends or family who would be interested in
taking the gospel lessons. We can do lessons through Skype and
Facebook video! Prayerfully seek those who you can share the gospel
with this week, and then make the effort to reach out to them. You
never know what seeds you may plant.
Love you all! Thanks for all the support!
Sister Hoyt
No comments:
Post a Comment