Thursday, September 1, 2016

Allie's 2nd letter

Hey All!

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragment. I needed it so much. I am doing so much better this week, and finding more joy in being here. We get to teach some really cool investigators. It is crazy how much you come to love someone that you barely know. Thats just the awesome thing about being a missionary. You get to experience the love that Heavenly Father has for his children, no matter their circumstance.

We leave for Kentucky monday. I am super excited and also nervous haha. But it will be so cool to see what the Lord has in store for me. I am excited to come to love the people.

We had Richard J Maynes come and speak with us which was pretty cool. He talked about testifying with Joy and being "sweetly bold". He talked about how just one person can impact hundreds of people. It makes me so excited to go and to see that happening and be a part of it.

We also got new teachers since school started up. They seem pretty nice. One is brand new off his mission so he is a little awkward still haha. They teach very differently but very powerfully here. It is awesome. I am reallly loving coming to see the power of speaking through the Holy Ghost.

I have been sick this week but am finally feeling normal again. It is so hard to teach when you feel like garbage but its all good now. I am in charge of a musical number in sacrament meeting and teaching relief society, so this week has been busy busy. I was also made a Sister Training Leader and have been able to help the new girls coming in and be a part of Branch Councils. Its been pretty fun.

Sorry I dont have a lot of time today, we have to be at a special meeting that was just announced for all sisters. Of course it has to be during Pday. Excited to be heading out soon. Next email will be from Kentucky!! Love you all!
--
Sister Hoyt





So greatful to all who fasted, prayed and sent letters of encouragment. She is doing so much better. Whew!!   Excited and cant wait to hear how Kentucky is..

No comments: