Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A call from Allie today

So I got this call today from Allie at the MTC.  She is struggeling a bit with homesickness so they allowed her to call me in hopes it would make her feel better.  I was so unsure as to what to say to her and what great advice I could give her to make her feel better. I will keep most of our talk between us but I hope that what I did tell her helped in some small way.  Leaving home for the first time is always such a big change and adjustment. And then when it is serving a mission where you can only write and email once a week, no calls or visits, that makes it even harder. It's a huge adjustment. 

I know she can do this. Her heart and desires to serve a mission are in the right place and I know she really wants to serve so I am praying that her homesickness will subside quickly and she can continue to move forward with learning and getting ready to serve the people of Kentucky.

If you didn't hear already we are asking everyone to flood her email allie.hoyt@myldsmail.net with letters of encouragment since her pday is tomorrow. Also we will be having a family fast on Sunday morning on her behalf and ask any who would like to join in to do so. She could use the power of prayer and would greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing more from her tomorrow in email. Stay tuned.

No comments: