Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Sept 5th 2017



Hey Y'all!

It's been another fast week here. We got quite a bit done and had a
pretty successful week considering everything going on.

We spent hours at the doctors and hospital trying to take care of
sister Wright. Nothing definite has been found but they have made the
decision to send her home. We are trying to keep her here for the next
2 weeks till transfers. It's sad, but I know it's what will be best
for her. She can get the help she needs and then if she decides to
come back she can come back at 100%

We had interviews with President and Sister Hughes. They are the
sweetest people ever. They're doing a great job with everything going
on and taking over the mission.

We had some really fun service opportunities this week. Sister Wright
was able to chill on the couch and talk with members and I got to help
out. I even learned how to tile floors and wire an electrical circuit!
Pretty cool. We also got to spend a few hours helping out the
Blackwells. That was so great. Can't tell you how much it meant to get
a hug and to be known and thought of by them. They gave me lots of
encouragement and love and it was much needed after the last few
weeks. So grateful for the amazing people who have been put in my life
here.

This week I have been thinking about joy. Over the last few weeks it
has been hard to feel like I had a lot of joy. Missionary work is
often physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting. And I've had
my fair share recently with all on my plate. But a member got up this
Sunday and bore his testimony on joy. And what his spin on the part of
the scripture "men are that they might have joy". He talked about how
we have every reason to be joyful in our callings even when there
seems to be a lot that comes on that plate. It obviously really hit
home to me. I have sooooo many reasons to be joyful. I am serving a
mission in Kentucky! With amazing people and amazing opportunities as
I share the love of a Heavenly Father and a Savior. It's amazing. This
gospel IS joy. And I had forgotten that. So this week even though it's
going to be very hectic and a lot to do, I am going to do my best to
do it joyfully. I encourage you to do it too.

I love and miss you all! Thanks for all that you do!

Sister Hoyt








No comments: