Monday, February 26, 2018

Feb 26th 2018 1 Week left!!



Hey Y'all!

It's been a soaking wet week here in Kentuckiana. It's rained
basically all week and there's a lot of flooding everywhere. Been
getting a lot of good use out of my rain boots. They're seriously the
coolest things ever.

We had MLC Monday night and Tuesday. That was awesome. I got to see
some of the awesome missionaries I've missed. We got to listen to a
broadcast from Elder Bednar and Elder Nielson talking about the new
smart phones we're getting as a mission and how we are trusted by the
Lord and his servants and need to honor that trust. It was pretty
cool. It's been nice to have the phones this week, it makes the work a
lot easier and it's a great tool for missionaries.

So I had this cactus. It was the cutest little cactus. I got it at the
very beginning of my mission. It's been with me my whole mission, I've
taken it to every area. Well I had to leave it in Salem but had the
promise of the elders and the zone leaders that they'd take good care
of it and bring it to me at MLC. Well that first MLC they said they
accidentally killed it. I was so sad. That cactus had made it so far
and the elders kill my little cactus. Well this week during district
meeting I said the prayer and when I open my eyes my poor pathetic
looking corpse of my cactus is in front of me! It was so shriveled and
sad. So never trust your zone leaders to keep anything alive.

We had two exchanges this week. I got to go to the New Albany bike
area with Sister Baker. We had a ton of fun. She is a rocking awesome
missionary and it was great to learn from her. We even got to bike in
the torrential downpour and wear a giant ugly yellow vest. It was
great. We went to teach a less active member and she came to the door
in nothing but a towel. A very small towel. That was interesting. She
has a cute cat though. When we exchanged back we immediately got in
the car and drove to exchange with the Jasper sisters. I got to work
in Corydon with Hermana Acireale. She is from Venezuela and has been
out about 9 months. She has an awesome personality and loves
missionary work. It was so fun to be with her.

We got told we were going to hell this week. We were out knocking
doors in the rain and this guy let us in to his porch. And he says he
loves when missionaries knock on their door because he hopes to save
us and help us be awakened because we're going to hell because we
don't believe in the real Jesus. He goes on and on about how he's this
awesome preacher who believes in the real Jesus and we don't and we're
going to hell. It was hilarious. I love this place.

My talk on Sunday went well I think. My piano playing left a little
something to be desired, but it's one way I can actually serve in the
Spanish Branch so that's ok. They're very nice and humble people. I've
loved it.

Going into my last week as a missionary.... kind of crazy. We've got a
lot to do this week.

Anyway love y'all!

Sister Hoyt












No comments: